Friday, February 26, 2010

Where the mind can be free...



























I am currently staying at my parent's house in Monterey, CA while I wait for my dual citizenship (between Britain and America ) to be processed and hopefully accepted. Providing me with two passports. This day can not come soon enough and I will feel honored and extremely blessed to be able to call not one but two countries home.
In the meantime I need to provide my love and support to both of my wonderful parents, who are both currently suffering from back and hip problems. My Dad, Simon is on his third herniated disc, and my beautiful Mum, Joanna it turns out has been suffering from a rare problem with her left hip. Feeling pain in this area since she was a teenager, the actual problem has only recently been diagnosed.
Today I am up at Stanford Medical with her as she undergoes a surgery that will hopefully relieve her pain, and get her on the path to recovery. There is a 50/50 chance it will be successful, so I'm praying it will all turn out for the better.
After days of rain, yesterday provided us with a beautiful, clear, sunny day not to be missed out on. I gathered my youngest sister Annabelle, the dog Biscuit and both my folks into the car and headed to Ribera beach in Carmel.
There is a path there that starts up on the cliff, and meanders down and along the crashing waves past the beach. My Dad tries to stretch his back out by walking this path as often as he can. He describes it as a place "where a man's mind can be free". Maybe that's the valium talking, but I'd have to agree with him. It is truly a wonder of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment